I’d love if I could start this post off and be like “hey guys! It’s the first day of fall! The temperatures are dropping, the leaves are falling”. But alas, instead it is definitely still summer here, whatever the calendar says. I had the post already written up and ready to go, so I thought I’d put it up either way if you want to plan ahead.
I hope that fall is approaching where you are and in the meantime I apologize for the lack of fall photography… we’ll get there eventually.
To do this fall:
- Go to a pumpkin patch
- Try making your own pumpkin spice drinks
- Buy and decorate mini gourds
- Paint some pumpkins (not just carve)
- Pick out a pumpkin carving design you’ve always wanted to try
- Roast pumpkin seeds
- Have a friendsgiving
- Plan your Halloween costume way in advance
- Then plan a second costume
- Go to the scariest haunted house you can find
- Get lost in a corn maze
- Sit by the fire and play trivia
- Do a murder mystery with your friends
- Bake Taylor Swift’s chai eggnogg cookies
- Bake Vermont maple cookies
- Have pumpkin pie French toast for breakfast
- Buy some new fall pillows and blankets for your bed
- Pick up a new warm scarf
- Road trip somewhere to see the leaves
- Have a scary movie marathon
- Put together a large puzzle
You might notice that apple orchards and apple picking are missing from this list. Well my partner happens to be allergic and I honestly don’t really like them, so I left them off. Hopefully this list will inspire you with a few different things you can do as opposed to the typical ones bloggers put out every year. What are your plans for fall?
I’d love to hear in the comments. I’ll also be doing some Thanksgiving test baking this weekend so look forward to some fall baking posts and perhaps even a post this weekend.
Until then follow me on bloglovin’ so you don’t miss a thing.