Since I am officially 23, I thought I would kick off this year of my life with a little activity list. This is a list of all of the things that I want to do within the next year – before I turn 24. If I don’t accomplish them all then no big deal but it’s nice to reset intentions every once in awhile.
My life has been influx for so many years it’s nice to have things a bit more stable and be able to plan for the future both knowing where I’ll be and that I can plan. Before this whenever anyone tried to make plans with me more than a month in advance I’d essentially say “I can’t promise anything” but now I’ve got lots of plans.
- Take a trip to Quebec City
- Go to Ottawa for Canada’s 150th birthday
- Go to the Tulip Festival in Ottawa (can you believe I lived there for so long but never went to the Tulip Festival??)
- Get better at baking
- Bake more complicated things (maybe tackle your fear of elaborate cakes with elaborate icing)
- Cook more often (I tend to cut corners on this wherever I can, I rarely have the patience)
- Find a bookcase I love
- Sort out my desk (it’s such a mess but I need shelves and to get my prints framed)
- Host a dinner party
- Go to the movies by myself
- Work on my French (especially the speaking)
- Write more, not for my job or blog
- Read 25 books
- Learn how to shuffle cards
- Sign up for a yoga class rather than doing it in my apartment
- Sign up for another workout class
- Make a map of all the restaurants I want to go to, so when someone asks where we should eat I have ideas
- Come up with a better financial savings plan (track spending better)
- Grow my blog
- Find an organization to volunteer for that I feel passionate about
- Go camping with my best friend and her boyfriend
- Try to wake up 30 minutes early each day (I am so deeply not a morning person, which is why I said ‘try’)
- Learn to like doing things alone, revel in it.
I obviously have new years resolutions and goals that I want to achieve that aren’t on this list. But I tried to just list some fun things and some things that I haven’t talked very much about on the blog. What are some of the things you want to do before your next birthday?