I have a pretty big sweet tooth, for example I have a bowl of conversation hearts sitting on my desk and they’re slowly disappearing without me even noticing. In the winter this means I end up consuming a large amount of hot chocolate. Especially in university it became my comfort drink. I’d come home from a long day at school and sip hot chocolate while doing more work.
I definitely drink less now than I did back then but it’s still a favourite of mine. At some point the powder from the cans that you get at the grocery store just weren’t cutting it anymore, especially when they stopped making my favourite kind. So I started searching out and trying new kinds of hot chocolate.
Then I came across this Nutella hot chocolate and it is definitely my favourite. It’s very simple to make, you only need three ingredients but so delicious. But be warned it is quite chocolately so whip cream or marshmallows really help cut that a bit.
- 1 cup milk (I used almond but you can use any type you like)
- 2 heaping tablespoons of Nutella
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Optional: whip cream or marshmallows
Side note: You’ll also need your favourite mug, mine is from Indigo.
- Put all of your ingredients in a pot
- Put pot over heat, whisking ingredients together as Nutella melts
- Keep on heat until it bubbles slightly
- Take off heat and serve (that’s actually it, how simple eh?)
Let me know if you try it! Or if you have a favourite hot chocolate recipe to share, I’d love some more suggestions. One more post and then it’s a week of Valentine’s posts!! See you all tomorrow. In the mean time don’t forget to follow me on social media, as things are going to get exciting around here, I’ve got a lot of fun things coming up in the next couple of weeks and I’m going to be very busy.